Family and Business Succession Planning provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on developing solid succession plans in the wake of recent legislation. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts address common concerns raised by clients about business management and health care qualifications for dependent children, and also offer viable solutions for challenges presented by the planning process. These top lawyers offer specific advice on collaborating with financial experts to value a client s company, calculating tax exemptions based on estate size, and navigating clients through asset transfer negotiations. From identifying the impact of TRA 2012 on tax exemptions to incorporating flexibility into succession plans, these experts help clients navigate complex laws and stress the importance of creativity in developing trusts. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this constantly-changing legal field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Betty J. Sommars, Shareholder, Riggs Abney Neal Turpen Orbison & Lewis PC - "Predicting the Unpredictable: Incorporating Flexibility into a Business Succession Plan"
2. Laura Weintraub Beck and Daniel P. Fitzgerald, Principals, Cummings & Lockwood LLC - "Favorable Estate Planning Rules: Here Today May Be Gone Tomorrow"
3. Mary W. Browning, Member, Cole Schotz Meisel Forman & Leonard PA - "Higher Exemption Amount Does Not Eliminate Need for Creative Estate Strategies"
4. Sil Reggiardo, Partner, Downey Brand LLP - "Avoiding Valuation Discounts to Preserve Income Tax Basis for the "Small" Business Estate"
5. John F. Kennedy, Shareholder, Shefsky & Froelich Ltd. - "Key Issues in the Business Succession Planning Arena"
Appendix A: 26 U.S.C. Â§ 2010
Appendix B: 26 U.S.C. Â§ 2601