The latest edition of this very popular book will be of value both to law undergraduates and to students of other subjects required to know about the English legal system as a part of their course. It encourages students to transfer their knowledge into good exam answers by leading them through fifty sample questions, answer plans and answers.
Recent changes in the English legal system are referred to throughout including:
- the Constitutional Reform Act 2005
- issues relating to jury trials after the Criminal Justice Act 2003
- the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005
- the House of Lords decision in (and others) v the Secretary of State for the Home Department
- the continued development of human rights law
- the 2005 Court of Appeal decision in Momodou.
Designed to help students produce the best possible exam answers, each chapter opens with an introduction to the subject and a checklist of key topics, while many new questions and answers have been added.